Monday, April 19, 2010

rainy days....

So this weekend was extremely rainy and dreary... not much I could get done outside in regards to my patio makeover. (but I'm sure I will make up for it this weekend!)

This was a rainy weekend full of birthday parties for us. My good friend Shelly, my nephew Nathan and my lovely Mom were among the birthday bunch!

In leiu of weekend projects I was running my usual errands and hanging with good friends and family. However while running errands I came across this on the side of the road Saturday:

I'm not one to take stuff off the side of the road but it caught my eye. Then I drove by it again on Sunday... still there. Today I was at work talking with Kristyn and daydreaming about this chair. I already had an inspiration for it (see picture below from awesome photographer mom MOMTOG) I wanted to paint it a red or buttery yellow and upholster the seat with something from Heather Bailey's Pop Garden.... mmm I can picture it now. At that point, I called my husband knowing he had the day off and asked him to do a drive by.. low and behold, the chair was still there and he scoffed it up for me :)


Maybe next week I can post a picture of the finished product!

1 comment: